Comprehensive Family Law Services
Family law is a complex topic and covers a diverse range of issues. At the Law Firm of Zubair Aslamy we understand the personal and financial considerations that accompany family law matters, and offer experienced and sensitive counsel. Our clients can be confident that we work hard to protect their best interests.
Zubair Aslamy offers legal representation and counseling for the following family law matters:
- Divorce – If you are considering filing for divorce or need to respond to a divorce petition the choices you make throughout the marriage dissolution process will impact its outcome. The Law Office of Zubair Aslamy will prepare you on what to expect throughout your divorce process and will keep you updated on all developments. Regardless of the issues you face, our staff will strive to make your divorce proceeding as efficient and straightforward as possible.
- Legal Separation – Spouses agreeing to live apart does not constitute a legal separation. For the separation to be recognized by the courts a petition for legal separation must be filed. Similar to a divorce, a legal separation agreement will establish child support, child custody, parenting time and property division.
- Paternity – Establishing paternity has become a simple process with current DNA testing technology. If a paternity test is not voluntarily agreed to you may request the Court to order paternity testing be done by providing reasonable evidence to justify paternity. Following legitimation there are aspects of paternity which may require legal counsel including establishing custody arrangements and child support.
- Child Custody/Parenting Time – Arizona law recognizes a child’s relationship with each parent should be respected and maintained. Many divorcing parents often feel that in order to protect their own parental interests they must attack those of the other parent.
In most cases, it is possible to develop an effective parenting plan that is in the best interest of the child. In some cases, when a history of family violence or substance abuse calls a parent’s fitness into question, it will be necessary to take a child visitation or custody dispute to court.
- Child Support – In divorce and paternity cases, the basic child support obligation is determined using the state child support guidelines. An estimate of child support obligations can be found by using the Arizona Child Support Calculator. This calculator provides only an estimation, actual support amounts may be adjusted to account for other considerations include but are not limited to:
- A child has special medical, educational, or behavioral needs
- The paying parent supports other children
- The paying parent has unique extraordinary expense circumstances
- The paying parent is self-employed with irregular income
The Law Office of Zubair Aslamy also counsels clients in cases involving the child support modification or enforcement.
- Spousal Support – There is no set formula for determining alimony. Length of the marriage, levels of income, work history, education, and medical disability are all considered by the court when spousal support is part of a divorce proceeding. Regardless of whether you are in need of spousal support or believe you are not responsible for paying it, divorce attorney Zubair Aslamy has the legal and financial experience to fight for your interests.
- Termination of Parental Rights – If a child is living in an environment that threatens their wellbeing, an adult or agency acting on the child’s behalf, may petition the court for a termination of parental rights. Anyone with a legitimate interest in the child’s wellbeing may petition the court. This step is often crucial in ensuring the safety of the child.
If an order to terminate your parental rights is entered against you, you are faced with the possibility of permanently losing contact with your child. If you are involved in a termination of parental rights hearing it is imperative that you contact an attorney to protect your rights.
- Adoption – An experienced attorney is essential to ensure legal rights are properly established during an adoption process. There is no typical adoption and each case must be handled to fit the unique structure of your family. Failure to properly adopt a child can have devastating consequences in the future.
- Grandparent’s Rights – As in all family law disputes the court will prioritize the best interest of the child. Grandparents are most often successful in gaining visitation rights or custody following the death of a parent, or documented violence, abuse, or neglect.
- Custody Modification – Following a child custody agreement you may face a change in circumstance requiring a modification to a custody agreement. While maintaining the child’s best interest custody arrangements may be modified.
If you have gotten a job out of the city or state where the child resides and the custody agreement exists, you need to speak with a lawyer about the impact relocation will have on a child custody arrangement.
- Enforcement Actions – Not everyone is willing, or able, to comply with the order of the Court in a family law case. The Law Office of Zubair Aslamy can help you understand your options for achieving compliance with an arrangement essential to the interests of your children or yourself. Whether you are the party seeking to enforce an order, or if you are on the receiving end of an enforcement action, you need legal counsel.
To discuss your family law matter with an experienced attorney, please contact the Law Offices of Zubair Aslamy today for in-office consultation.